Site Reliability Engineer
Based in North Sydney, ipSCAPE is a true cloud customer experience technology solution that is feature rich, scalable and offers advanced integration capabilities. Our software as a service (SaaS) helps our clients and partners deliver an outstanding multi-channel customer experience and improve the way their business connects with the world.
We are looking for dynamic and innovative people, with good interpersonal skills to join our team. As an SRE, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience – we need someone passionate about technical excellence, with an intuitive product mindset.
As part of a small, tight-knit development team, you will have the opportunity to design, develop and maintain ipSCAPE’s cloud contact centre Software as a Service. You will also be part of exciting developments, such as implementing new product features, fixing bugs and continually enhancing the product’s features and performance.
What will my responsibilities be?
As the Site Reliability Engineer, you will be reporting to Head of Service Delivery, and your main duties will include:
- Provide technical leadership, drive innovation and improvement across infrastructure, platform operations, processes, toolsets and the full technology stack
- Provide Tier 3 infrastructure and systems support
- Contribute to knowledge management by ensuring technical documentation is accurate and up-to-date
- Proactively manage platform security and application stability.
- Implement and follow industry best practices
- Systems Engineer/Administrator or Operations centric DevOps professional with a relevant degree and at least 3 years experience
- Passionate about technology, with a track record of working with bespoke application systems and developing subject matter expertise
- Excited by DevOps: working closely with developers, orchestrating all the things and using tools to understand what’s happening to your systems
- Comfortable writing scripts, using the right tool for the job
- Confident and calm fixing problems under pressure
- Excellent, empathetic communicator with the ability to be an advocate for the customer
- Experience with physical infrastructure management, including networks
- Relevant industry certification
- Working knowledge of any of the following technologies:
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, HAProxy, Kong, Tomcat, Graylog
- SIP based VoIP technologies: Asterisk PBX, Kamailio, Freeswitch, rtpengine, etc
- DevOps tools and processes: Terraform, Puppet, r10k, Git, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.
- Cloud and virtualisation, especially Apache Cloudstack (KVM), vmWare, Azure, AWS
And, if you have experience working in a contact centre, that would be even better!